Sunday, January 9, 2011

Set For Random and Enjoy

I recently had to wipe the hard-drive on my laptop because I'd let my virus protection lapse. (In my defense it was a year and half before anything went wrong.) Not only did it provide me an opportunity to upgrade to Windows 7 but also to reload all my music onto my computer. Which is to say I only put stuff back onto it which I really wanted. I feel very satisfied with the results. Here's the list which would be a perfect cross-section of music I like.

Adriano Celentano - Prisencolinsinainciusol
The Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
Aziz Ansari - Intimate Moments for A Sensual Evening
Blackroc - s/t
Bob Dylen - Greatest Hits Vol. 1&2
Broken Social Scene - Something For All of Us & Spirit If...
Cee-Lo Green - Noone's Going To Love You
Chiddy Bang - Hey London & The Opposite of Adults
Doomtree - False Hopes
Doctor Dog - Shame, Shame
The Flaming Lips - Borderline
Gorillaz - Some Kind of Nature
Green Day - 21st Century Breakdown
GZA - Pro Tools
Jonsi - Time to Pretend
Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Kings of Leon - Sex On Fire
Kraftwerk - I, II, Autobahn & Ralf and Florian
La Roux - s/t
Lil Wayne - Carter III
MGMT - Congratulations
Minutemen - Double Nickels on The Dime
Mos Def - The Ecstatic
Pavement - Terror Twilight
Rick Ross - Ashes to Ashes
Sonic Youth - Antenna
Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks - Pig Lib & Real Emotional Trash
Sufjan Stevens - The Age of Adz
The Talking Heads - More Songs About Buildings and Food
The Tallest Man On Earth - The Wild Hunt
Titus Andronicus - The Monitor
The White Stripes - Under Great White Northern Lights

That's a set of music you can put on shuffle and pretty much count that one song will flow from another to an other.

No comments: