Thursday, January 13, 2011

One White Album

My friend Jeff asked me how I would pare and re-order The White Album if I wanted to make it into just one album. In fact, here's what he wrote...

"Just thought this would be fun. If you were the Beatles, and you had to whittle The White Album down to one LP because George Martin finds it too bloated, what tracks (maximum of 15) would you keep and what order would you put them in?"

Jeff, I can do it in 12 songs.

Side A

Glass Onion (Lennon/McCartney)
Yer Blues (Lennon/McCartney)
While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Harrison)
I'm So Tired (Lennon/McCartney)
Cry Baby Cry (Lennon/McCartney)
Julia (Lennon/McCartney)

Side B

Blackbird (Lennon/McCartney)
Revolution 1 (Lennon/McCartney)
Back In the USSR (Lennon/McCartney)
Helter Skelter (Lennon/McCartney)
Savoy Truffle (Harrison)
I Will (Lennon/McCartney)

2 comments:

Ryan said...

I'd miss Dear Prudence, Martha My Dear, Helter Skelter, Me and My Monkey, and Ob-la-di. I don't really need Yer Blues, Glass Onion, or Savoy Truffle. And it's hard to argue with USSR as an opener. Closing with I Will is great though.

Unknown said...

Helter Skelter is on there. I think I'll have to do a follow-up entry about why I picked the songs I did.