Friday, March 21, 2008

I Have A Day Off Today



Since today is, y'know, Good Friday, I took the day off from work. I've worked really hard of late as one might expect from someone whose job includes filing tax reports. Pair that with not taking all of my vacation last year and I'm going to space my personal days out a little better this year. So when my friend Dave suggested taking a half-day yesterday and the full day today, I was onboard.

Then the weirdest thing happened this morning. I slept my usual five to six hours and then got out of bed. I'm just used to sleeping that long and then going about my day. The weird part is it was 5:30 am when I woke up. Eventhough I would've liked to sleep more and get 8 hours of sleep, apparently I was rested enough. Normally when I've been up for six hours it's 1:00 in the afternoon. Today it will only be 11:00.

So I'm sitting here on the couch, typing this entry and waiting for the first set of games to come on. The game I'm most interested in won't be on regular broadcast TV here in Chicago. I'll probably chill for a bit, watch the game that's going to be on instead and then take the train into the city after halftime to watch basketball the rest of the day. Not a bad plan for a day off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

American University has a basketball team? Good for them.