Monday, February 16, 2009

Thirty By Thirty - #1 - Start Taking a Multi-Vitamin

Okay, when I was thinking up things to do for 30 x 30 it wasn't all just glamorous things like "Go parachuting" or "Visit New York City." Sometimes they're just going to be little things which I really should be doing anyway. Taking a multi-vitamin is a good example.

When you're young, you don't have to care about things like eating right. Your margin of error is much higher and you can do most anything without facing really grave consequences you can't recover from. Ask anybody you know about "how much wilder" they were in their youth and you'll surely hear tales of "I can't believe nothing bad happened" from most of them.

Well, later in life is when you start paying for those youthful indulgences and indiscretions. I know this personally from needing to undo years of abuse by losing a lot of weight and now fighting to keep it off. So I need to start thinking now about the little things I can be doing now to pay off positively much later.

Thus I am taking a multi-vitamin. There are some questions about their effectiveness. But I know that I'm most definitely not getting a balanced and completely nutritious diet right now. So I will take a One-A-Day multi-vitamin a vitamin C tablet to make sure I am augmenting my diet correctly.

2 comments:

Michael Bloom said...

Just make sure you make time to work out during the week while your taking them. My experiences with Multi-Vitamins is if your aren't act wile taking them, they just end up making you sorta fat.

(This is Mick btw, Bloom is my comic allies)

JB aka JayBee said...

Mike, You might consider taking additional Vitamin D-3 especially if you are not getting much sun exposure.

You can read more about it at www.vitamindcouncil.org

Good luck on your 30x30.